Missouri Breaks

Random thoughts, political opinions and sage advice from the midlands.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States

I am a former UPI journalist now operating from behind a public relations desk located in a blue city but a red state.

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Mel Gibson. "The Passion" is (in a hundred words or less) a violent, highly impactful movie supposed to stimulate a religious revival in your soul. It has also been termed anti-semetic, possibly fascist, and definitely very Roman Catholic (assuming you are a 13th Century Roman Catholic).

I don't know. I haven't seen it nor do I ever intend to see it. First of all, I do not intend to add a few more dollars to Gibson's money making off the slaying of Jesus. Secondly, I find the whole idea of Gibson's movie concept sick and unredeeming.

Unfortunately, the marketing has had a dramatic affect on turnout and he will make millions. It will be interesting to see how the Academy Awards deals with it next year. I think Gibson should spend a little more time on the meaning of Jesus' life, not the amount of suffering he received at the hands of the Romans and at the instigation of the mob. Just my opinion.

Oh, and Mad Max is no longer on my list of my 50 favorite films of all time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home